Last week, I received a very touching note of support from NYT journalist (“Fixes” column), David Bornstein, and felt compelled to share it with you..because this site IS you! If you follow this site, it’s because you put human relationships at the heart of service work. And so this note is for you, too.
“[Everyday Ambassador] stories illustrate the care, patience, and deep listening that are vital to crafting lasting solutions to social problems around the world. This book shows how humility and perseverance are needed to turn good intentions into meaningful action. It will provide valuable insights for the growing community of globally minded changemakers.”
- David Bornstein; New York Times Opinionator Journalist and Author of How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas
Our EA team also just finished our internal quarterly review, so it feels like a fantastic time to update you on what’s cooking, and what you can expect from us over the months ahead.
So what’s new?
- Our Team! We are now eight women strong, and I feel beyond blessed at the talent and hard work these ladies put into the EA community every week. So much love.
- Our Blog! EA.org now publishes every Wednesday and Friday, featuring two people/orgs every week – check out Jenna in Uganda or Tom in New Orleans to see some of our latest inspiration from the field.
- Our partnerships with volunteer and travel organizations are now formalizing. This lets us unite and shine a spotlight on a breadth of organizations who thoughtfully place human relationships at the center of their service work.
- Our language about EA’s precise purpose as a movement (“to improve relationship management in service work!”). Check it out.
What’s in the pipeline?
- Brand new video and photo content! We will be making calls soon for you to submit not only writing, but video and photo content to feature on the site.
- Richer resources, including more info on Partner organizations we endorse, a customizable “EA Curriculum” and….
- The book! We’ve had some really heartening additional reviews throughout the last few months of editing, and I am so delighted to share the final product with you once it’s ready to roll. You can read the reviews and pre-order the book here.
How can YOU help make the EA Community even more awesome in 2013?
- We are recruiting for two new roles! Recommend or send people our way who are interested in becoming part of the EA team:
- Technology Officer
- Graphic Designer
- Recommend individuals we can feature and Partner Organizations
- Keep up your amazing work, and keep SHARING it with us. Ask us to feature you on the site, even if it’s for a second time.
- Bring new friends into the community. Anyone you know who cares about putting human relationships at the heart of service work, who enjoys honest reflection on questions of service, who just wants to give their best to the world — send them over! There is power in numbers. Sign up for email updates (top right corner of this site), and/or follow our social media.
To be in touch, you can reach out to individual team members, and you can always reach me at kate(at)everydayambassador.org.
THANK YOU FOR BEING AN EVERYDAY AMBASSADOR! YOU CHANGE YOURSELF, YOU CHANGE THE WORLD.