Grassroots Diplomacy, Global Impact
Everyday Ambassador is a global consulting firm that provides leadership development resources to individuals, schools, and organizations involved in volunteering, travel, and study abroad.
In a world where we’re more digitally connected than ever before, we’re all too often less humanly connected. We let social media and digital devices get in the way of real life conversations, and we start losing our skills for interpersonal interaction and human connection. This is particularly problematic for well-intentioned travelers, advocates, and volunteers who, globally and locally, can end up doing more harm than good in the places they aim to serve.
Everyday Ambassador knows that cultivating strong relationships is at the heart of all positive social change. Through our book, advisory services, and everyday resources, Everyday Ambassador aims to create a cultural shift in the fields of volunteering, travel, and study abroad so that good intentions are always translated into respectful social change efforts.
What is an Everyday Ambassador?
An everyday ambassador is someone striving to make the world a better place, whether globally or locally, and does so with a strong focus on respectful human connection. We reject terminology, like “saving” or “helping” others, and instead phrase our service in terms of two-way exchanges and mutual growth. We also, as a community, believe it is important to unplug and digitally detox at least once a week in order to get back in touch with our capacity for human connection. In general, everyday ambassadors are self-aware, flexible, and culturally sensitive.
What do we do?
Our Book: Our best-selling book Everyday Ambassador: Make a Difference by Connecting in a Disconnected World (Beyond Words/Simon & Schuster) is a guidebook for individuals and organizations who aspire to “do good” well.
- Workshops: Our leadership development workshops offer insights from our network of best-practice volunteer, travel, and social impact organizations, and provide training on cultural competency and relationship-building skills for all levels.
- Consulting Engagements: Design the volunteer, travel, study abroad, or corporate social responsibility program that meets your organization’s vision and needs. Our three-tiered approach ensures that your mission makes a lasting, positive impact on all levels.
- Motivational Speaking: Start a conversation about the power of relationships or our core principles of empathy, focus, patience, and humility on your campus or at your workplace.
- Blog: The Everyday Ambassador Blog and social media accounts offer commentary on the latest news and feature ordinary people making an extraordinary impact in their communities.
- Webinars: Check out the #YearofConnection Webinar Series to unlock the power of human connection in your everyday life. Learn how to build relationships, overcome stereotypes, and develop the skills you need as a global citizen.
- Events and Press: Join us or read up on past events to learn more about everyday ambassadorship.